The disc lock is a special form of the padlock with some distinct advantages. The disc shape effectively combats the most common ways of forcing it open. The design means that there is only a small opening in the shackle, which makes it very difficult to tamper with. As the ABUS Diskus® is made mainly of stainless steel, it is used especially where security and protection against corrosion are required.
- Body, inner parts and shackle made from stainless steel for extreme corrosion resistance
- Cylinder cover – maximum protection against dirt and moisture (60 and 70 mm)
- Cylinder nickel plated for enhanced corrosion resistance
- Original Diskus® design: 360° protection
- Additional protection against sawing.
- Sophisticated Diskus® weld seam for highest break resistance.
- Precision pin tumbler cylinder with anti-pick pins
- Key retaining: locking only with the key (lock retains key until locked)
- Made in Germany
Operations and Use:
- To secure valuables / goods of greater value or at a high risk of theft
- Ideal for use in severe weather conditions (e.g. in coastal regions or ports)
- To secure lorries, doors, gates, cellar doors, cupboars etc.
- Ideally used with ABUS Diskus® hasp No. 140: virtually impossible to attack shackle